Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chambray Shirt


I am loving the chambray shirts popping up everywhere.  Cute outfit ideas with chambray are all over Pinterest.  But it was so hard to find them in the stores, with the fit I wanted.  The ones I could find were too baggy and too short.


To my trusty stash of patterns!  I chose Simplicity pattern #2255 for the tunic length button up shirt.  It has front, back, and bust darts for a clean, slim fit, and long enough that I could wear it with leggings (and still cover the tush)!

I chose a lovely soft chambray and shirting buttons from Stone Mountain & Daughter Fabrics.  I left off the side tabs, figuring they would only add bulk to the hip area (umm, no thank you).  I haven’t yet decided whether to add the two front pockets or not.



I’m ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment