Sunday, February 17, 2013

Collared Shirt Refit



I’ve had this flowered button-up shirt for a while but just don’t really wear it much.  The collar never seems to lay right or stay crisp and it was a looser fit, with darts in the back but not in the front.  I thought it would look much better without the collar and with front darts to provide some shape.


Baggy shirt and floppy collar.

I started by carefully unpicking the seams attaching the collar to the shirt and removed the collar.  Then, I carefully restitched the seam, using a small stitch right over the original stitch line.  Now it has a cleaner, tab collar.

I also created two darts in the front for a slimmer fit, but not too tight!   
Dart drawn in chalk
 
Both the collar and the darts make a subtle difference but I think I will be wearing it a lot more!
Much better fit! (lousy photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment